Shrimp Spaghetti with Garlic Breadcrumbs
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 214
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 24g
Saturated Fat 11g
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 5g
Monounsaturated Fat 5g
Total Carbohydrates 115g
Dietary Fiber 17g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- Spaghetti - I use about 2/3 of the box
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 10 ounce bag of shredded cabbage or about half a head of green cabbage, shredded in a food processor
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4 tomatoes, small diced (or use a few tablespoons of tomato paste or tomato sauce, you won't need much)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional if you like spice)
- Handful of fresh parsely, stemmed and chopped
- 1 lemon
- Boil a large pot of salted water. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil to a large pan with high sides (you'll use this pan to finish your pasta). Add 1 minced garlic clove to the pan (reserve the rest for the sauce). Toast for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add the panko breadcrumbs. Stir occasionally until browned. Transfer to a paper towel lined plate and salt to taste.
- Add your spaghetti to the pan and cook according to directions on box. Drain, reserving a cup of cooking liquid. Toss the spaghetti with a little olive oil.
- While the spaghetti cooks, wipe out the pan used to toast the breadcrumbs. Add the butter and the remaining garlic, stirring occasionally until fragrant, then add the shredded cabbage and small diced tomatoes. Season with salt and the crushed red pepper, if using. Cook until the cabbage is wilted and the tomatoes soften. Season your shrimp with salt and pepper and add to pan, and heat until cooked through - shrimp doesn't take long to cook, maybe about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, parsley, juice of half the lemon, and a half cup of the reserved cooking liquid to the shrimp mixture. Continue to cook, stirring to combine, then salt to taste. Add more cooking water if it seems dry (depends on type of pasta, if I'm using whole wheat I usually need to add a little more liquid).
- Serve and top with the garlicy panko bread crumbs. Enjoy!
Flavorful Life http://flavorful.life/