I’m a big fan of the coconut as a superfood trend because, well, I love coconut. And I feel less guilty about eating cookies that are made with whole wheat flour and coconut oil.
Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 1943
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 226g
Saturated Fat 175g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 8g
Monounsaturated Fat 30g
Total Carbohydrates 622g
Dietary Fiber 15g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour (I'm sure they'd be just as good with all-purpose flour)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup coconut sugar (could sub brown sugar)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1. Preheat oven to 375° F
- 2. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl (if I'm short on time, I skip this step)
- 3. Beat your coconut oil, sugars and vanilla in your mixing bowl until creamy. Add the eggs one at a time. Gradually add your flour mixture then fold in the chocolate chips until just combined.
- 4. Scoop spoonfuls of the dough on a cookie sheet and flash freeze in freezer until solid.
- 5. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- I use a cookie drop (think mini-ice cream scoop) to form my cookies.
Flavorful Life http://flavorful.life/