Curried Red Lentil Soup
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 870
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 103g
Saturated Fat 88g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 4g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Total Carbohydrates 160g
Dietary Fiber 29g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots
- 3 celery ribs
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, peeled and finely minced
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t ground coriander seed
- 1 teaspoon red curry paste, more or less to taste
- 1 14oz can of coconut milk
- 1 cup red lentils
- 4 cups chicken broth
- salt, to taste (about 1/2 to 1 teaspoon)
- 1. Add the coconut oil to soup pot over medium-high heat and add the onions, celery and carrots, allowing them to cook slowly until the onions are translucent and soft.
- 2. When the vegetables have softened, add the ginger and garlic. Cook until fragrant, then add the curry paste, cumin and coriander.
- 3. Reduce heat to medium and add the coconut milk, lentils and stock until simmer.
- 4. Lower heat and cook for 30 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Add water or additional broth if needed.
- 5. Salt to taste. Use immersion blender for a nice creamy soup.
- Garnish with cilantro and lime juice. Enjoy!
Flavorful Life http://flavorful.life/