These zucchini “noodles” are so filling and are surprisingly pasta-like. My 3 year old loved watching the spirilizer and ate them up. Try them with your favorite pasta sauce – you won’t be disappointed!
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 101
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 12g
Saturated Fat 2g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 2g
Monounsaturated Fat 7g
Total Carbohydrates 26g
Dietary Fiber 8g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 4 Zucchini (I use 1 zucchini per person - adjust as necessary)
- 2 t Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Prepare your zucchini using a spiralizer (love the KitchenAid attachment, link provided below). If you don't have a spiralizer, you could use a peeler, but that would be tedious for feeding a family. Heat the oil in a large pan over medium-high heat, then add the zucchini. Cook until just warm and slightly tender - usually only about 3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Top with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
- If your zucchini are really fresh, you may need to drain off some liquid.
- For a simple side dish, add a few cloves of fresh minced garlic to the olive oil. Season with crushed red pepper and top with parmesan cheese.
Flavorful Life http://flavorful.life/